Office 2013 Upgrade

San Jacinto College will be upgrading all employee computers to Microsoft Office 2013 within the coming weeks. Microsoft Office 2013 is a version of Microsoft Office, a productivity suite for Microsoft Windows. It is the successor of Microsoft Office 2010. This upgrade will be done remotely while your computer is connected to the San Jacinto College network.What are the benefits to upgrading to Office 2013?
Office 2013 comes with improvements to existing functionality and new features that will be very beneficial. The benefits of upgrading to Office 2013 include:

·        Improved filter and search features in Outlook
·        A new adobe pdf editor feature in Word
·        Ability to open multiple Excel workbooks in individual windows
·        Reduces the confusion and incompatibilities of multiple Office versions

Support and Resources
Employees who wish to become more familiar with Office 2013 are encouraged to log into SPARK and search for topics of interest.
Click here for instructions on how to navigate in SPARK.
ITS Quick Help Sessions are also available for faculty and staff who would like to ask questions about Office 2013. Click here for days and times that this session is offered on all three campuses.

Frequently Asked Questions
1)    My laptop and I are both off-campus, how will my software be updated?
If your computer is not on campus for any reason, you can contact TechSupport when you return to campus to have the software pushed to your machine.
2)    Will I be able to open an older version of Office documents when I have Office 2013?
Yes, you will be able to open these documents using Office 2013.
3)    I already have Office 2013 installed on my computer, will this cause a problem?
No, if your computer already has Office 2013 installed, there should not be any impact to your machine during this process.
4)    If I have a laptop and docking station, will my computer need to be docked to receive the update?
Yes, your laptop will need to be docked and turned on for your computer to receive the update.

If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please send your inquiries to the Customer Care Department at ITS.CustomerCare@sjcd.edu