Change Default “Reply All” to “Reply” (Outlook on the Web)
By default, the reply settings in Outlook on the Web is “reply all”. This may cause users to inadvertently reply to all users in an email thread when they intended to reply just to the sender.
To reply or forward the message, you must click on the down arrow next to this action and select the desired action.
If you would like to change Outlook on the Web’s default setting back to “reply”, please see the step-by-step instructions below.
- Click the Settings gear icon and then select “Mail”.
- Expand the “Mail” section.
- Expand the ‘Automatic processing’ section.
- Click Reply settings.
- Select the “Reply” setting and click Save.
- Return to your inbox. The default action will now be ‘Reply’.