How to: Join a Virtual Interview or Meeting through Skype for Business (External Users)
San Jacinto Community College uses Skype for Business as a tool for hosting virtual meetings, interviews and discussions. All faculty, staff and students have access to Skype for Business through their Office 365 account.
For those who are not part of the San Jacinto College community, you may be invited to join a meeting hosted through SanJac’s Skype for Business platform. Please review the section below to learn how.
Do you already have Skype for Business through another company/school?
If you have Skype for Business already installed on your desktop, laptop or mobile device, you can click the meeting link in your invitation email at the scheduled meeting time.
Do you have a private Skype account?
If you don’t have Skype for Business but do have a personal Skype account, you can still join a Skype for Business meeting. However, the following requirements must be met:
- Have the latest version of Skype.
- Your Skype account must be linked to a Microsoft account. You can see if your account is linked to a Microsoft account by accessing your account settings. If it isn’t, you can learn how to link your accounts by visiting the Skype help page.
- Have the email address of the Skype for Business user you wish to contact.
For additional information, please visit https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12315/can-i-contact-skype-for-business-users-from-skype
If you don’t have Skype or Skype for Business, you can also join via the Skype for Business App with a web browser.
Here are the basic steps to joining a Skype Meeting from Skype for Business Web App:
- Open the meeting request in your email or calendar and select Join Skype Meeting.
- Enter your name on the sign-in screen and select ‘Join the meeting’.
- Follow your browser’s instructions for installing the Skype for Business Web App Plug-in, which is required for audio, video, and screen sharing.
Depending on the meeting options, you’ll either join the meeting immediately or be directed to the virtual lobby.
More information is available at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Join-a-Skype-Meeting-with-Skype-for-Business-Web-App-4828ad18-ed21-422a-a870-94d676d4b72a