Prevent Outlook from Closing Accidentally
When using Outlook, you might have accidentally closed Outlook by clicking the Close button or the Exit button. If you click on either of these two buttons, Outlook will close immediately without any prompt. When this happens, you’ll have to reopen your Outlook application and wait for Outlook to load. Thankfully, there is an easy solution to prevent this from happening to you. The instructions below will guide you on how to avoid accidentally closing your Outlook application.
- Create a new email message by clicking New Email under the Home tab.
- In the Message window, perform the following tasks:
- In the To field, type in your own email address.
- In the Subject field, type “Prevent Outlook from Accidentally Closing”.
- Click File.
- Click Info.
- Click Properties.
- Once the Properties dialog box appears, go to the Delivery options section.
- Check the box “Do not deliver before” and select a future delivery date. In this case, April 1st, 2018 has been selected.
- Click Close.
- Once you’re back on the Message window, click the Send button.
- From this point forward, when you click the Close button or the Exit button in Outlook, a prompt box will pop up to remind you of your unsent message in the Outbox.
- If you really want to close Outlook, click the Exit and Send Later button.
- If you accidentally hit the Close or Exit buttons, simply click the Don’t Exit button.