What is SOS?
Banner Web (SOS) is the Web interface for Banner. It includes Web components for students, faculty and staff, and provides easy 24/7 access to commonly used information. Searching through the SOS for services is very easy. Just a simple click on the Menu Links will take you wherever you want to go.
What Information is Available?
- Employees can view current benefits, payroll, deductions, and other personal personnel records, etc.
- Faculty can view their class rosters, enter grades and see their faculty schedules.
- Students can get their student records, register for classes, pay tuition and fees for the current semester online, view their schedule, see financial aid data, final grades, unofficial transcripts, reset their SOS pin, change their email address, etc.
What is the SJC ALERT ME Tab?
All SOS users have access to this menu option, where each individual enters the desired contact number and form of notification San Jacinto College should use if time sensitive information needs to be convey to students and employees.
What is on the My Information Tab?
All SOS users have access to this menu option, where the following list of options are available for reviewing and updating by each individual:
- View Address(es) and Phone(s)
- Update Address(es) and Phone(s)
- View E-mail Address(es)
- Update E-mail Address(es)
- View Emergency Contacts
- Update Emergency Contacts
- Name Change Information
- Social Security Number Change Information
- Answer a Survey
- View SJC Identification Number
- 1098-T Form (Students only)
What is on the My Employee Information Tab?
All SJCD employees will have access to this menu option, allowing for the review of the following information for each individual:
- Benefits and Deductions
- Retirement plans
- Health insurance information
- Flex spending accounts
- miscellaneous deductions
- Pay Information
- Direct Deposit breakdown
- Earnings and Deductions History
- Pay Stubs
- Annual Salary Statement
- Tax Forms
- View your last year’s W-2 Form
- Current and Past Jobs
- Time Off Current Balances and History
- Faculty Load and Compensation (Faculty only)
What is the My Student Records Tab?
All current students, or anyone who has a Banner student record due to prior enrollment or admission, will have the following options on this tab:
- My Registration
- Add or drop credit courses
- Add Continuing Education classes
- Check registration status
- Display class schedule
- Make Payment
- My Student Records
- View my holds
- Display my grades and transcripts
- Review charges and payments
- Perform Degree Evaluations
- Request Official Transcript
- My Financial Aid
- Complete FAFSA
- View my Financial Aid Application Status
- View my Award Information
- View my Financial Aid Academic Progress
- Apply for Federal Student Loans
- My Orientation
- Take Online Orientation
- Change Your Session
What is the Faculty Services Tab?
Only those individuals identified in the Banner system as faculty and/or advisors will have this menu with the following options:
- Term Selection
- CRN Selection
- Faculty Detail Schedule
- Faculty Schedule by Day and Time
- Detail Class List
- Summary Class List
- Final Grades
- Electronic Gradebook by Component
- Student Advising Menu
- View Student Email – Official and Other
- Faculty Enrollment Totals
- Course Syllabus
How are Final Grades entered into SOS?
Student grades for courses must be entered through the San Jacinto College Online System (SOS). This is the only way grades will be entered, as grade sheets will not be printed. Although entering grades through SOS might be unfamiliar, the process is easy and requires little time.
What is the Finance Tab?
Only those individuals identified in the Banner system as staff with Finance Module access will have this menu with the following options:
- Budget Queries
- Encumbrance Query
- Purchase Order
- Approve Documents
- View Document
- Budget Transfer
- Multiple Line Budget Transfer
- Budget Development
Additional information is available for the Finance options in detail through Blackboard by accessing the Banner/SOS menu in the EdTech Training organization.
Need training on Grade Entry?
Training & Professional Development offers training at the end of every semester and by Request. Check the monthly Training & Professional Development Newsletter or Avatar for the upcoming sessions.