Year-Round Campus Security Awareness Campaign
The Campus Security Awareness Campaign is a framework created by the HEISC Awareness and Training Working Group that is designed to support security professionals and IT communicators year-round as they develop or enhance their own security awareness plans. Each year, the campaign includes 12 Security Matters column blog posts on monthly topics with ready-made content for your campus communication channels.
- January 2019: Data Privacy in an Era of Compliance
- February 2019: How to Use Social Media for Good—Safely Creating a Positive Presence Online
- March 2019: Take Control of Your Personal Info to Help Prevent Identity Theft
- April 2019: Whaling, SMiShing, and Vishing…Oh My!
- May 2019: 2FA—Control in the Palm of Your Hand
- June 2019: Cryptocurrencies—Look Before You Leap!
- July 2019: Keeping Tabs on Mobile Devices
- August 2019: Understanding the Basics of Online Safety and Security
- September 2019: Information Security To Go!
- October 2019: The IT Team Can’t Do It Alone—Cybersecurity Is Everyone’s Responsibility
- November 2019: How Can Higher Ed Better Prepare Cybersecurity Students for a Hot Job Market?
- December 2019: Get Smart! Mitigating Risks in Connected Devices