ITS maintains Open Labs, located in each College Campus ILC Building, that provide a computing environment for students to conduct coursework. Each Open Lab contains a number of available computer systems with access to software applications students can use to develop and complete course assignments. In addition, students have access to printers in order to print needed documents.
To pay for printing, students must use a credit card, debit card, pre-paid card, or San Jac Higher One card. If a student has any funds left on their printing card and needs to use them, they can go to the Library to utilize print services.
To learn more about the WEPA cloud based printing service, please visit: https://www.wepanow.com/user-guide.php
Open Labs are located on each campus in the Interactive Learning Center (ILC). If you are unsure where the ILC is on your campus, please reference the following maps:
Our current Open Lab hours of operation are as follows:
|Central Campus||Monday-Friday: 6:45 AM – 9:30 PM
Saturday: 7:45 AM – 4:30 PM
|North Campus||Monday-Thursday: 6:30 AM – 9:30 PM
Friday: 6:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Saturday: 7:30 – 12:30 PM
|South Campus||Monday-Thursday: 6:45 AM – 9:45 PM
Friday: 6:45 AM – 4:45 PM
Saturday: 6:45 AM – 12:45 PM
|Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Day, and Thanksgiving Day||Tech Support voicemail service available. Response to all voicemails provided on next working day.|
|Other public holidays, Minis, and College closure (i.e., inclement weather)||8:00 AM-5:00 PM (On-Call Emergency Response)|
Users are required to adhere to the following Open Lab usage rules and guidelines. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in the student being asked to leave the Open Lab area.
- Only authorized, registered students are allowed to use the Open Labs. A student ID and active network login is required in order to use the lab computers.
- Students are not allowed to share their login with others so that they may utilize a computer in the lab. Not only does this compromise the student’s account, but may also corrupt the student’s account profile due to multiple logins.
- Open Lab use is for College coursework. Students may conduct personal business when needed; however, viewing of inappropriate material is strictly forbidden.
- ITS staff are available to assist students with technical assistance and questions; however, they are not authorized to assist with homework assignments. If you need assistance with your assignments, please visit the SJC Tutoring Page for information on available learning resources.
- No food or drinks are allowed inside the lab area. Students should leave all food and drink items on available tables set up outside the lab for pickup when work is completed.
- Cell phone use is not allowed within the Open Lab area as this may be disruptive to other students. If a student needs to take a call, they should step outside of the lab and may return once the call has been completed.