Starting the morning of April 20th, all San Jacinto College employees will receive a prompt when logging into their workstation that their College network password has expired. At that time, you will need to create a password that meets the new complexity requirements.
What can employees expect?
• New passwords will need to be at least eight characters long and meet three of the four additional requirements: one number, one special character, one lower-case letter, and/or one upper-case letter.
• A network account will be locked for three minutes after five consecutive bad login attempts.
• Passwords will expire at six month intervals. A reminder 14 days in advance will be issued.
• May not use any of your prior 5 passwords.
• Passwords for Banner, Success Factors, and SOAR (online job application only) will not be affected by this change at this time.
Employees who will not be on-campus or will be working remotely on April 20th, can create a new password on that day from any location with internet access. The following document, How to Reset Your Network Password (Remote Users), will be able to assist you through this process.
As part of this process, you need to register in the Password Self-Service tool available at www.sanjac.edu/password. By registering your account, you will be able to reset your network password online should you forget it or through the new credential manager feature that will be available on your workstation.
How to Set Up Your Security Questions
How to Reset Your SJC Network Password (Online)
How to Reset Your SJC Network Password (Windows)
Employees needing assistance are highly encouraged to contact the ITS Help Desk (x6137), stop by one of our ITS Quick Help Sessions, or speak to someone at the ILC Open Lab Help Desk.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please send your inquiries to the Customer Care Department at ITS.CustomerCare@sjcd.edu.
Date Announced: Wednesday, April 13, 2016