Subject: Upcoming Changes to SJC Email Distribution Lists
Who it affects: All SJC Employees
On April 11th, 2016, San Jacinto College will be moving from manually maintained primary email distribution lists to a new, streamlined automated system. This automation will ensure that all employees whose information is in the Banner HR system are automatically placed into the required primary and related roll up email distribution lists on a daily basis. Automation will assign up to five (5) different primary email DL’s for each employee, based on their active job(s). This new process will result in a significant reduction in the number of requests for service tickets and associated manual tasks to make this happen.
Please note: This automation is only for the primary and related roll up email DL’s. All other DL’s (such as departmental, project teams, etc.) will not be affected.
What to expect starting April 11th:
• All current employees will be automatically assigned to primary email and related roll up email DL’s based on their active jobs
• All new employees will be automatically assigned to primary email and related roll up email DL’s based on their active jobs.
• Employees who are terminated from active jobs will be automatically removed from the appropriate primary and related roll up email DL’s
• Leaders will be automatically added to the DL – All Leaders distribution list.
• Any employee who wishes to be a member of a primary email DL (not automatically assigned based on their job), will need to enter a service request with the ITS Help Desk.
The Primary Email Distribution Lists will be as follows:
Members of the Primary email DL’s will automatically be rolled-up into the following appropriate DL’s:
Note: In an effort to keep the primary DL’s formatted in the same naming convention, some of the current primary DL’s will be renamed accordingly.
To effectively remove older DL’s from Outlook, you will need to clear your cache. Please click on one of the “how-to” documents below to learn how to perform this task:
How to: Remove Distribution List(s) from the Auto-Complete List (Outlook 2013)
How to: Remove Distribution List(s) from the Auto-Complete List (Outlook Web App)
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please send your inquires to the Customer Care Department at ITS.CustomerCare@sjcd.edu
Date Announced: Tuesday, April 5, 2016