On April 4th, 2016, San Jacinto College will be making the switch from HEAT to Giva. HEAT is the current ITS ticketing system that has been in use at the College for over 10 years. ITS is excited to announce the launch of Giva next month, which will provide a more robust ticketing system, with improved automation and reporting capabilities.
What to expect starting April 4th?
• The ITS Help Desk will begin entering your new service requests in Giva.
• Anytime a Giva ticket is entered on your behalf, you will receive automated email notifications (similar to the ones below this announcement) when a ticket is opened, updated or resolved.
• Tickets currently open in HEAT will continue to be worked through resolution and closed out in that system.
• Once a ticket is resolved in Giva, you will receive an automated email to let you know. You will have 14 calendar days to respond back to the ITS Help Desk to inform them that your Giva ticket can be closed or if additional assistance is needed with that particular ticket. If no response is obtained, the ticket will be closed after 14 calendar days.
• In addition, employees will be invited to participate in a Customer Satisfaction Survey.
• At this time, the following departments will continue to use the HEAT system for new service requests and will be transitioned to using Giva at a later date: Blackboard Support, Organizational & Talent Development, and HRIS.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please send your inquiries to the Customer Care Department at ITS.CustomerCare@sjcd.edu
Date Announced: Friday, March 11, 2016