On May 23rd 2015, San Jacinto College will be making the switch to Office 365. Office 365 is Microsoft’s cloud based service that provides email, calendaring, Office applications and other tools used to communicate and collaborate.
The College is moving to O365 to benefit from:
- Improved system performance with 99.9% guaranteed uptime
- Anytime, anywhere access to email that offers superior business continuity in the event of disaster
- Improved anti-virus and anti-spam filtering protection
- 50GB of cloud based storage space for each user
- Create/modify Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote documents via the web
- Reduced cost to the College of purchasing and operating on premise IT equipment
For the past month, ITS has been migrating employee mailboxes to ensure a smooth cutover from our current system to Office 365. So far, 88% of mailboxes have been copied without any interruption to service.
At this time, San Jacinto College employees can continue using Outlook and/or webmail as no action on your part is required.
Once we cutover to Office 365, employees will continue using the same email client currently installed on their computers. The next announcement will contain more information as to what to expect once we go live.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please visit our FAQ page at: http://sjcblogs.sanjac.edu/its/office-365/frequently-asked-questions or send your inquiries to the Customer Care Department at ITS.CustomerCare@sjcd.edu