San Jacinto College will soon be making the switch to Office 365 for employee email hosting. In addition to email, faculty and staff will have access to a variety of additional tools they can use to communicate, collaborate, and manage calendars/tasks.
So, what is Office 365? According to Microsoft’s website, it is “secure, anywhere access to email and calendars, Office Web Apps, instant messaging, conferencing, and file sharing”. With Office 365, employees will have access to:
- 50GB of cloud-based storage space, powered by Microsoft Exchange Online
- Create/modify Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote documents via the web
- Anytime and Anywhere access to email from a web browser
In addition, Office 365 offers:
- Username and password integration with our current system
- 99.9% guaranteed uptime
- Antivirus and Anti-Spam Filtering Protection
- Regular and Automatic System Updates
We’re steadily working to create a stable and efficient environment for our employees and will be communicating updates on the progress of deployment as they occur. Stay tuned to the ITS Blog for the latest news and updates!
Already have questions? Feel free to submit your questions to ITS.CustomerCare@sjcd.edu and we’ll respond as quickly as possible.