San Jacinto College is currently conducting a pilot of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephony. During the pilot, VoIP will only be available to participants in the pilot activity.
About the VoIP Pilot
During the pilot, VoIP will only be available to participants in the pilot activity.
The goals of the pilot are to:
- test the functions of each handset
- confirm the standard features that will be rolled out i.e. call forwarding
- gather feedback from users on the service
- test the handsets and “softphone” software
- test the reliability of the service on campus.
ITS will be asking participants to complete surveys and/or attend focus groups.
ITS will use the information gathered during this pilot as an input metric for the district-wide implementation of the VoIP service.