Tech Support Online

San Jacinto College ITS is pleased to announce the soft launch of Tech Support Online, a web-based service designed to provide employees and students access to a variety of informational resources regarding technology services at San Jacinto College.

With Tech Support Online, employees and students can find the answers to a variety of technological questions; including topics such as:

• SJC Account Login Information
  • Blackboard
  • Supported SJC Application Support (i.e., Banner)

In addition, users now have the ability to submit requests for service to Tech Support directly through the web. This feature will provide employees and students with an additional outlet to report technical issues and request assistance.

To access Tech Support Online, please visit www.sanjac.edu/rightanswers.

If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please contact Tech Support. Our contact information is:

TechSupport@sjcd.edu
On-Campus: ext. 6137
Off-Campus: 281-998-6137

South

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in SanJac ITS News
14 comments on “Tech Support Online
  1. Christina Ray says:

I have forgotten my user I.D and Password to get into my account.

• Stacy Divin says:

If you haven’t yet had a chance, please contact our Tech Support line at 281.998.6137 for assistance. One of our analysts will be able to assist you with obtaining your username and password.

2. Brooke says:

i have forgotten my password to sos and answered the questions wrong on the login help. Can i get it reset?

• Stacy Divin says:

Hi Brooke. If you haven’t had a chance, please contact Tech Support at 281.998.6137 for assistance. They will be able to reset your password and provide assistance with accessing your security questions to make any changes if need be.

3. Mark Belgeri says:

I need to sign on to my email at San Jac. It says my email address does not exist. I am using Belgeri.M618146@stu.sanjac.edu.
    I have tried to call and the number does not work.

• Norberto Valladares says:

Good Afternoon Mark,
      To log into your student email account, you can try one of two things. For the password, please try your eight digit date of birth (mmddyyyy) or if that doesn’t work, please use your SOS password instead. As long as you have registered and paid for classes, you will be able to log in with one of these passwords. If you are still encountering difficulties, please give Tech Support a call at: 281.998.6137. They are open M-Th from 7:00 am – 10:00 pm and Fridays from 7 am – 7 pm. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Norberto Valladares

4. angie raney says:

When account is opened it says the product is unlicensed and I cannot access anything or edit documents. when I try to sign into my account that is showing open previously, it tells me the account does not exist. help please.

• Norberto.Valladares says:

Hello. I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having. Did you download and install the free Office product available through your SJC Office 365 student email account?

5. Giselle says:

For some reason I’m able to login into my SOS account, but when I try to login into my blackboard account, it says that my password or username is wrong. I thought the password and username for both were supposed to be the same?

• Norberto.Valladares says:

Good morning. Are you an employee and a student at the College? If you are both an employee and a student, you will need to log into Blackboard using your network password. If this password was never provided to you, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 281.998.6137 for further assistance.

6. Serafina Chancellor says:

I am trying to submit my TSI Pre-assesment activity and there is no submit or next button anywhere on the page. Am I doing something wrong?

• Norberto.Valladares says:

Hello Serafina. I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with the TSI Pre-assessment activity. From my understanding, users must open the module with Mozilla FireFox or Google Chrome (latest version). Are you using either of these browsers? If you are and if you are still having trouble, please contact the Contact Center at 281.998.6150 and ask to speak to someone that can help you with the TSI Pre-Assessment Activity.

Norberto

7. michelle says:

I try to login into my email and it says that it does not exist and I could log into my blackboard but not my email I tried calling the number but it does not work

• Norberto.Valladares says:

Good afternoon Michelle. For your San Jac Email student email, please use your SOS password or your date of birth (mmddyyyy). Either of those passwords should allow you to log into your O365 student email account. If you are still unable to log in, please contact Tech Support at 281-998-6137 and one of our Help Desk Analysts will be more than happy to help you.