In preparation for the Spring 2015 semester, here is the latest copy of 5 Things to Know from EdTech. A copy of the handout will be included in the packets distributed at the assembly event on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 .
In addition to the key information, our open lab schedule for College Community Week is also listed on the flyer. Please stop by one of the open lab sessions if you need any course development or Blackboard support to prepare for the new semester.
1. Course Merges (Combines). Reminder: Due to system errors creating intermittent issues with faculty and student enrollments, Blackboard Support will not be able to continue course combines / merges. If you have a situation that makes it difficult to teach your course using multiple sites, contact the Bb Support office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Blackboard Final Grade Submission. Reminder: As of the Fall 2014 semester, the College has transitioned to submitting final course grades via the Blackboard system. Beginning Spring 2015 semester, grade submission via SOS will not be an option. Visit the On Demand Training page at www.sanjac.edu/edtech.
3. Distance Learning Evaluation by Department Chairs. During the Fall 2014 semester, department chairs were trained on conducting Quality Matters aligned reviews of the distance learning courses within their area. If you are a department chair and have not completed training, contact the Distance Learning office at 281-998-6370 or email@example.com.
4. Faculty Mentors and Peer Faculty. To add faculty mentors or peer faculty to your Blackboard course sites, complete the “Request to Add Users” form available on the Forms page of the EdTech Blog. Submit your completed form to Blackboard Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Blackboard Support will provide a confirmation once the process is complete.
5. Publisher Updates that Impact Bb. Faculty aware of updates to publisher content that will have an impact on their Blackboard sites are encouraged to contact Blackboard Support in advance to ensure a smooth transition. A testing process that can take 2 to 6 weeks to complete is required prior to implementation of new or updated tools.
In preparation for the Fall 2014semester, here is the latest copy of 5 Things to Know from EdTech. A copy of the handout below will be included in the packets distributed at the in-service event on Tuesday, August 19, 2014.
1. GradeCenter / Banner Integration. Updates were made to allow final grade submission directly from Blackboard. Watch your email fro more information and training dates.
2. Blackboard Course Merge. Course merge is the new version of course combine. The process to request is the same but there are new features. Contact EdTech or attend an Open Lab to learn more.
3. Turnitin Grade Anything.Turnitin’s new grading template capability allows efficient grading and personalized feedback to wider variety of assignments and assessments.
4. Open Labs. EdTech Open Labs are scheduled for in-service week. Please stop by!
Central ILC, C-1.219 – Thursday, August 21 from 9 to 11 am
North ILC, N-2.207 – Thursday, August 21 from 2 – 4 pm
South ILC, S-12.214 – Friday, August 22 from 9 to 11 am
5. Student Attendance in a DL Course. Did you know? Per SACS, student attendance in a distance learning course is based on the completion of assignments and activities in the course each week, NOT through course site logins. For more information related to distance learning come to the Distance Learning Faculty meeting on Tuesday, August 19 at1 PM in Slocomb Auditorium.
In preparation for the Spring 2014 semester, here is the latest copy of 5 Things to Know from EdTech. In addition, we willhost Open Labs on each campus during College Community Week. Dates, locations and times are listed on the handout below. A copy of the handout included below will be included in the packets distributed at the in-service event on Tuesday, January 7, 2014.
1. New Blackboard Course Site Template. This semester Blackboard course sites will be using an updated template. Included in the 201420 (Spring 2014) site template is content to help meet the minimum course presence expectations and Quality Matter (QM) standards. Detailed information on the features can be found at this link: Blackboard Course Template Update.
2. Blackboard Updated to Service Pack 13. Due to necessary maintenance, Blackboard will not be available from 12:01 am January 5, 2014 through 11:59 pm January 6, 2014. Blackboard will install a service pack which will enhance or repair some features. Detailed information can be found here: Blackboard Service Pack Updated Scheduled for January.
3. Kaltura Media. Media development and screen capture is now integrated in Blackboard through the Kaltura Media building block. This tool will allow you to manage your course media content and record video or screencasts directly from within Blackboard. For more information, visit the Blackboard Tutorials page or consult with your campus Instructional Designer.
4. Online Attendance Tool. Attendance can now be tracked in Blackboard using the Online Attendance tool. For more information, visit the Blackboard Tutorials page or consult with your campus Instructional Designer.