In preparation for the Fall 2014 semester, here is the latest copy of 5 Things to Know from EdTech. A copy of the handout below will be included in the packets distributed at the in-service event on Tuesday, August 19, 2014.
1. GradeCenter / Banner Integration. Updates were made to allow final grade submission directly from Blackboard. Watch your email fro more information and training dates.
2. Blackboard Course Merge. Course merge is the new version of course combine. The process to request is the same but there are new features. Contact EdTech or attend an Open Lab to learn more.
3. Turnitin Grade Anything. Turnitin’s new grading template capability allows efficient grading and personalized feedback to wider variety of assignments and assessments.
4. Open Labs. EdTech Open Labs are scheduled for in-service week. Please stop by!
- Central ILC, C-1.219 – Thursday, August 21 from 9 to 11 am
- North ILC, N-2.207 – Thursday, August 21 from 2 – 4 pm
- South ILC, S-12.214 – Friday, August 22 from 9 to 11 am
5. Student Attendance in a DL Course. Did you know? Per SACS, student attendance in a distance learning course is based on the completion of assignments and activities in the course each week, NOT through course site logins. For more information related to distance learning come to the Distance Learning Faculty meeting on Tuesday, August 19 at1 PM in Slocomb Auditorium.