Prior to submitting a course merge request please carefully review the Course Merge Request Guidelines below.
To submit a course merge request to Blackboard support, complete the Course Merge Request Form.
- Course merge requests must be submitted using the course merge request form.
- All course merges must be completed before the first day of instruction for that class.
- Merged courses must have the same single instructor assigned as the instructor of record in Banner.
- Course merge requests must come from the instructor of record for the courses.
- Merged courses must have the same rubric and course number (example: BCIS 1305) or be a linked CPD course.
- All merged courses must be scheduled for the same part of term.
- Courses to be included in the course merge must have a minimum of fifteen (15) paid enrollments in each CRN or have verification from department chair that course will not be cancelled.
- CPD linked courses must satisfy CPD enrollment guidelines.
- Blackboard Support Specialists will not be responsible for the transfer or preservation of any course content.
- Once merged, courses cannot be unmerged without loss of student work. (i.e., Faculty teaching assignments for the merged courses cannot be modified.)